Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Sunday, May 6, 2012

A podium again - even in the old age

This morning I headed off on my long run and also popped in to the local Alzheimer’s fun run 7.5km this morning. I have run this event previously, but not for a few years.

With the sun out on the water as I ran the 14KM into the start of the race, it was a great day for it and with 1000 people turned out to run, I was up for a great time day out. Lining up at the start with 140 odd kilometres in my legs already, I was not sure of what time to expect.

Long story short I managed to finish up third overall and won a bronze medal and a t-shirt. A great day out and a great community event. Great to stand on the podium again in the older age.

Running together (while managing to podium in old age) - stride for stride on a life changing ride! -- Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment