Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Sunday, November 17, 2013

Stepping out of the comfort zone

This morning instead of my normal Sunday long run I decided to opt for a shorter run with a gym session thrown in. With many of my mates getting injured of late when coming back too soon after a marathon or similar event, I was reminded yet again of the importance of taking a step back and resting more for at least a few weeks (if not 3). 


Having set PBs in both the marathon and then the 5k within 9 days of each other I knew this to be a wise choice. Little did I know what awaited me at the gym however. 

My buddy is a personal trainer and also trains to participate in body sculpting contests. She has been nagging me to follow her routine at least once for ages now and it seemed as if today was the day. What followed as an intensive 40 mins of box jumps, burpies, squats and sit-ups. 

I thought I was fit and I stood up to it okay, but by the end I was slightly wrecked. Aside from the different training muscles, it was great to be able to get the mind to do different things to.  I'm a bit tender, but always good to push oneself out the comfort zone and try something else. 

Running together (while trying different styles of training), stride for stride on a life changing ride! - Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment