Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Sunday, March 27, 2011

Keeping feet dry - running in the rain

My sister gifted me some Nike dri fit trainer socks as part of my Christmas presents this year and again a few weeks ago. Now I hate to just give athletic companies a plug for free, but these things definitely work in the wet and dry. It is my understanding that this technology was created to help people whose feet sweat a lot, but I have discovered that these little babies also work very well in the torrential rain conditions that we have been experiencing in Sydney over the past few days. An absolute Godsend to be running through huge puddles yet having the feet stay nice and dry.

Not sure how prevalent they are in stores in Australia as mine were all sent from the UK and US, but they are well worth a little more money than standard socks in my view. I have also ordered a pair of Nike Compression dri fit long socks and will let you know in due course how I get on with those.

As per yesterday, I would be interested to hear how others get on with these sorts of socks.

Running together – Stride for stride on a life changing ride. – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment