Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Sunday, January 8, 2012

Breaking a fever while breaking myself

Since returning from Africa a few nights ago, I have been suffering with a sore throat and a bit of fever. This I put down to being thanks to the dude sat next to me who was sneezing for about 7 hours straight. Not that this has put a damper on me getting out and about for my daily run – weird as it sounds I think even those couple of weeks of hills at altitude have made some difference, but back to the fever so to speak.


I have always advocated rest in these circumstances, but a mate this morning recommended that perhaps I try something not entirely endorsed by the medical fraternity to attempt to get on top of things. His remedy was prescribed as a track session of 20 x 400m at 5KM pace with a 50sec float in-between each one. It sure did burn and I sweated like a pig, but I managed to break the fever and so in essence if nothing else the session did what I wanted from it.

Again not entirely medically prescribed but then in some instances in life, I don’t really want to know why or how some things work and some not – only that they do what I wanted from them.

Running together (while breaking yourself and breaking fever), stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment