Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Sunday, January 22, 2012

Seeing and believing

This morning I encountered someone out on my run who I have not seen in quite some time. I had been helping this chap with his fitness and weight loss goals and had hoped that he had made some progress over the past year. The results that greeted me were quite astounding. He has lost 22Kg and is a new man. From being someone who was hesitant to run, he is quite simply powering away now and loving life.

For a moment I was taken back to my own weight loss and fitness journey and the shift in mental and physical status. We had concentrated on shifting first and foremost his mental attitude to one of not quitting or wanting to quit in anything. Focusing the positives and removing negative language and body language from his vocabulary his shift was phenomenal. He has clearly been taking the program that we built and using it effectively in every area of his life.

These sorts of moments really make life all worth it. From a personal perspective, it is extremely rewarding to know that I was able to assist this bloke in his own personal journey to a healthier and happier life. As he said, he is one less member of the obese population in the west and it is pleasing to see that I have been able to strike another blow in my personal battle to overcome obesity.

Running together (while encouraging positive shifts) – stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff Sean! Good to see the positive effect we can have on others.

    ReplyDelete