Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Thursday, December 6, 2012

Refocusing and remotivating


It is extremely disturbing to hear that so many people are having their employment terminated recently. This is obviously market cycles and really nothing that these folks can or could do about it except move on and refocus their energy.

Most of us have faced this scenario in our lifetimes and indeed I got the flick on my 30th birthday. I was training hard towards my first Comrades Marathon and had high hopes about the race.

Looking back that seems like a lifetime ago and indeed many times job termination can be a gift. It allowed me to refocus completely on what it is that is really important in life (this is something I have heard from many others who faced similar scenarios). Crossing the finishline at Comrades 2009 was important to me as it not only proved that I was stronger than my circumstances, but the love, spirit and camaraderie of the event helped me forget my own selfish circumstances and focus on what I could do to not only better myself but also on what I could do for others.

My full story of transformation is available in my book TheUrban Warrior – More than just an existence, which also captures my journey from fat to fighting fit again.

Unemployed? Recently got the flick? Rid the resentment and focus on getting fit and getting your life back. Find a physical challenge and work towards it. Completing it is one of the quickest ways of regaining self-esteem and confidence.

Open the window and take a deep breath – What’s that you are smelling? Opportunity!!! Step outside and embrace it!

I’d love to hear your stories here.

Running together (while refocusing and remotivating), stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment