Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Hardening up in running and relationships

People confuse me- most of all women confuse me. In life like in running you try to do the best you can do. You do your best to do good, share good times and work through bad (even extremely bad) times with folks and yet sometimes you still land in the poo for all your good intentions.

The past few days I have been laying low and out of the firing line. It’s disappointing and sad when things that you've shared with others at times (and at times when you've been vulnerable) have been used against you.

It’s ugly and it becomes messy and in the end there are never any winners. It’s equally hard when you could use what you know about that person to hurt them to, but you can’t bring yourself to do that and then you get called soft by someone else you counted as a friend who maintains that you brought it on yourself through not being hard enough.

Hardening the body is so much easier than hardening the heart. I want to be tougher and harder, but I struggle to know where to begin. It’s weird as I see these sorts of behaviours everyday but can’t bring myself to replicate them. Seems like laying low is best for me at this point. At least in my own company and running on my own no one can hurt me.

Running together (while laying low for a bit), stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment