Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Sunday, November 13, 2011

A positive day - a positive life way!

This morning was one of those where you run into people who you have not seen in a long time. One of the two friends that I ran in to this morning had only taken up running 2 years ago and was not sure if it was for her or not. She did struggle along valiantly through a few injuries and really not enjoying herself. In fact I was sure that following her shaky start in the sport, she would not last long in keeping going with things.

Was I surprised to see that she is looking amazing, but also running strongly each day and feeling heaps better about herself since losing weight and altering her diet completely. She did reaffirm my initial thoughts, by saying that there were times when she wanted to give in, but then (and I am most humbled to hear this), she reminded herself of my exact journey into the world of running and thought – ‘Hey if that Sam can do it – so can I’. And it really should be as simple as that - we are all human and have arms, legs, eyes, a brain etc - why do we choose to go on the negative at times is beyond me.

To have acted in some way shape or form as a motivator to anyone else is for me one of the greatest gifts in this lifetime. I would have never thought when meeting this young lady that I would have been able to act as a positive motivator to her, but then again in life and in running you never quite know what will happen.

I read a good quote this morning that resonated with me – ‘You are not doing anyone in the world any good by staying in your comfort zone – step outside and elicit positive change’.

Running together (while motivating others and staying positive – stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment