Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Sunday, November 27, 2011

Right advice at right time

The relationship between trainer and pupil in any activity has to be mutually beneficial to both parties, but more importantly, the pupil must have complete trust in that the advice and guidance they are getting is the most appropriate to them attaining the success that they crave and seek out.


This why I get annoyed at some of the advice that I hear being dished out to naive people who know no better and are in no position to challenge the information that they are receiving. Yesterday while running through my gym workout, I overheard one of the personal trainers telling one of his middle aged clients that she should be completely cutting certain things out of her diet in order to attain results. Now it was not the standard talk of cut out alcohol, chocolate etc etc, but instead he was recommending that she also cut back on things like fruit and milk.

Being a big believer in rather cutting back on things in moderation, it is my own personal belief that if the product is legal and of natural origin in our diets, then there is nothing wrong with consuming it in a reduced quantity and still being able to lose weight along the way.

Sure one would probably lose some weight by shocking the body in some way by drastically overhauling the diet as I did recently with my $2 a day diet. The challenging part then would be to maintain that weight loss as we all know that losing the weight is the easy part, it is the keeping it off that is the biggest challenge of all.

Not wanting to speak out of place while he was with the client, I did sneak a look at his credentials on the way out and nowhere did it state that he had any qualifications around dispensing nutritional advice.

When people find out from me that I lost heaps of weight, the first question is how can they replicate it. I am more than happy to help in my quest to eradicate obesity in the world, but my first words are always that it takes dedication, discipline and sacrifice to get the weight and more of the same to keep it off. If nothing else, I recommend starting with cutting out alcohol, soft drinks, sweets, lollies and cakes and drink more water. These moves alone will see your weight shift – I did it and anyone can.

Would love to hear some inspiring weight loss tales out there.

Running together (while losing weight responsibly) – stride for stride on a life changing ride!—Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment