Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Saturday, December 10, 2011

The importance of good habits

Last night at my company Christmas function, I was again asked by numerous people how it was that I was able to run the distances that I do and back up day after day. It amazed me the amount of people who just said they plain could not exercise or they had no interest in exercising. For me this means then that the sad reality is that these people are not willing to invest in the most important thing in their lives – their health and their body. This is it plain and simple – there are no ifs, buts or maybes about it – these people just have no interest in cultivating the one habit that will stand them in good stead for the rest of their existence.

It is scientifically proven that if we do something continually for a period of 2 weeks then it becomes a habit. I am living proof that a healthy habit can be cultivated over a relatively short period of time. In fact so ingrained is my daily routine of exercise that I now rise before 6am each day to be out the door and moving as nature intended us to. For me it is quite simple – my overweight life is well behind me and each day I revel in how strong and fit I am compared to what I once was. Anyone who I can help as a result of sharing my story and ideas is just an absolute bonus to me and worth way more than any sum of money.

Running together (while sharing and developing positive habits) – stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment