Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Fitness lies

Ultrasams is about honesty – this is key cornerstone of my makeup and how I live life. I hate lies and especially companies that perpetuate lies to sell their products to unsuspecting people.

I witnessed some of this yesterday at a pharmacy where a young rep pedalling the latest concoction in sports science was explaining to an overweight man that all he needed to do to get the ‘8 pack’ of the bloke on the front of the package was to take the product and ‘lift weights at the gym 3 times a week’. This is absolute rubbish of course and the only way that that bloke is going to get that ‘8 pack’ is through doing some large amounts of cardio and more specifically running.

I found this out for myself when I was larger. Only when I decided to take my running and cardio more seriously did I see that the fat started to strip off in large amounts and the abs started to show through.

We have only really had supplementation in running since about the early 1980s when the first gels were developed along the FRN line (Fordyce, Rose and Noakes). But it is interesting to note that since this time, long distance running records have not really substantially come down by very much. Do we really need these substances?

The long and the short of it is that for all the science and knowledge that we supposedly bring to the table these days, people in the west are still getting bigger and bigger and this growth does not seem to be stopping.

I was only chatting this morning with a colleague about the dangers of some of these powders and contraptions and the amount of caffeine they have in them. The science lab is just not the way forward for me. Natural and controlled eating is the only sure fire way to control weight and keep it off.

Running together (while going natural) – stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment