Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Monday, January 20, 2014

Finding love on the run.

Normally one would expect a blog about love to be written by a lady, but here I am penning this one after talking through the subject with a male friend of mine this evening. I am being brave enough to put it out there that at the age of 34, I am probably in the best shape of my life, but nowhere closer to finding a life partner. I am realistic enough to know that sometimes things happen for a reason and I also know that millions out there will never settle down. Non running friends have hinted that it is my running that is a turnoff for many women, with some relatives even going so far as to say 'How will you find someone interested in that?'.

Thing is I have many many interests outside of running and sports. Being fit and healthy is extremely important to me not only to live my life to the full, but also ensure that I'd be able to live life to the full in a partnership. I enjoy going out, but just not interested in stumbling in in an undignified manner at 6am the next day.

Internet dating for fit and healthy people you say.... Tried it already and there are so many liars out there I wonder how these people can even look at themselves in the mirror.

How then does one go about this without having to wade through the mine field of liars and cheats out there? I've yet to come up with an answer, but ultimately we can only stay true to our own morals and upbringing, remain honest and try not to be stepped on in the process.

I am Sam- I'm 34 (a runner.... And swimmer) and in danger of developing into the king of the 'too nice' bucket. I invite you to read the rest of my blog and comment on your own experiences dating in running/triathlon.

Running together (while trying to find love), stride for stride on a life changing ride! -- Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment