Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Friday, March 14, 2014

Life is good!

This morning as I was completing my gym workout post run with a little dance off, one of the gym instructors commented and said ‘Sam – how come you’re always so happy?’

Now firstly I’m far from happy all the time, but generally my thoughts are that you are what you put out into the world. Plus no one wants to be around anyone who is negative, boring and unwilling to laugh at themselves.

I get excited by things. I am happy when others do well, I get excited by achievement, I get excited by positivity, I am happy when I see the lady I fancy, I get excited by a new breaking day and the promise that it can bring! I get excited by a morning cup of coffee. Life is exciting! Who knows what will happen around each corner.

Think about the day and how many opportunities it brings. Sometimes I think about how things would turn out if I went one way during the day instead of another way? Are ‘setbacks’ really negative? Or perhaps they are life’s subtle ways of keeping us grounded and showing us that the path we were on was not the correct one for us at the time. If anything though life is so short and who in their right mind would want to spend it miserable and unhappy.

There are always choices in life for us to make. As a very wise member of my family said to me ‘There are no right or wrong decisions – only decisions. If one doesn’t work out then you just make another one. Trust yourself – back yourself and draw on experiences from previous situations that you have overcome in life.

Above all stay positive! It sure as heck beats the alternative.

Running together (while staying positive), stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

1 comment:

  1. Sam you're leading us on with your quick reference to 'the lady I fancy'! Tell us more about that positive experience!

    ReplyDelete