Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Checking out health as a runner

A year ago I had some disturbing news around my health and was extremely worried as a result. After numerous tests it was determined that I had had a false diagnosis and was unnecessarily scared by the doctor that I went to see.

As I approach my mid 30s I think it is integral that everyone (particularly men) go and have a physical every year to put their own mind at rest. I am confident that I am pretty fit compared to the majority of the rest of Australia, but that still didn’t stop me from lining up this week and undergoing some tests to determine my own fitness levels and vital statistics. Everything checks out just fine luckily but it was reassuring to find this to be the case.

Many people stick their head in the sand when it comes to their health and they assume that things will be fine when in fact many times this is very far from the truth. It's my own view that I want to be around for as long as possible for my loved ones and for the sake of life in general. 

Who wouldn't want to LIVE life to the fullest while we have this time on earth. Remember we will never have this time over again so don't have any regrets. Go and tell those that you care about everyday how much you love them, spend time creating positive memories.

Running together (while checking out one’s health fully), stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment