Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Sunday, April 27, 2014

Small things with big meanings

I've never been someone who has hung onto medals or awards that I have attained. I think that mum has a box of school trophies and such lying somewhere at home, but today when I was cleaning out some of my closets I came across the medal below.

Not sure why I chose to keep it as it certainly isn't the biggest or most prestigious race that I've ever entered. In fact the 9KM that I completed that day in 2006 would just be merely a recovery run in my current fitness. It did however signify a time when I was still massively overweight and in need of drastic help to overcome my weight problems. It was the first step on my journey to current fitness.

A small 9KM and an even smaller medal on the road to a huge journey of change. One couldn't have existed without the other.

What small things mean the most to you?

Running together (while remembering where I came from), stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment