Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Life and love are strange animals

Life is a strange beast. I was talking with my local coffee shop owner about life in Israel having lived there many many moons ago when I was young, vaguely good looking and cooler than I am now. It was great to reminisce and it kind of got me thinking again around the lines of 'How does life shift and change'.  

If one would have said to me at the age of 5 that I would be living in Sydney in my mid 30s and that I would be running marathons and only just starting to take my swimming more seriously (swimming was always my first love), I’d have said you were a lunatic.

This brings me on to the topic of planning and working for something and believing it will happen only for something completely opposite to happen. This happened for me in my running in last year’s London marathon. I finished in an okay time, but not one that was reflective of all the hard yards that I put in in the months prior. Perhaps though sometimes one puts in too much and doesn’t see anything else for the efforts at that time and many times I’ve found that I get the best results by just taking a step backwards and approaching things as they come on an event day.

The same can be said for anything in life really. In my case I had a few years ago been looking to move to Asia for work and nothing seemed to eventuate at the time I was looking. Now in the past month there have been 4 opportunities that I would really have considered back in the day (part of me still dreams about them), but it is ironic that they came about now when I wasn’t looking at all.

Jobs, love, friendships or athletic results – I’ve never known when they would knock, but have become increasingly open to going with life and seeing where it leads, while relaxing and not stressing about things that I fear I am missing out on as this would only cause me to miss out on what today brings and as we know you can never have this time over again.

Never waste time or be fearful of making a wrong choice. If you are being true to your morals and values and are not hurting anyone else then there is no reason why you should not be afraid to truly live. Hug your loved ones and tell them you love them often, have a laugh with friends, try your best and don’t be afraid of trying new things because others will laugh. They probably never had the guts to try what you are anyways.

Running together (while striving to truly live each day), stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller 

No comments:

Post a Comment