Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Thursday, January 6, 2011

How lucky am I/what more can I do in 2011?

Yesterday I attended Jane McGrath Day at the Sydney Ashes test. Those of you who are cricket fans will know that regardless of who you support, there is nothing like a cricket test between Australia and England in the Ashes series. The fact that day 3 of the test was honouring the life of a great woman and raising money for breast cancer was just the icing on the cake.

How is my day at the cricket relevant to running and staying active you may ask? Well quite simply it made me think and reflect more on what I can do to assist others through my running. I thought back to friends who have been affected by this dreadful disease of breast cancer and in particular a young friend of mine (and fellow runner) who passed on at the age of 27. She was taken way too soon.. I thought also of Comm Games champ Kerryn McCann and her battle and how she bravely fought before sadly passing on.

What can we do?

Simple things like offering as much support as you can to organisations like the McGrath Foundation in Australia (I proudly wore my pink cap at the cricket yesterday – yes real men do wear pink!), raising money through you running or indeed volunteering to help these organisations can and does all help.

After all we are so blessed to have the gift of running and good health and no matter how selfish your objectives with your running are, the fact remains that something can be done to help someone else without use sacrificing too much if we don’t want to.

Running together – Stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment