Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Monday, January 17, 2011

The importance of rest

In some recent readings, I have been learning about the importance of rest. In the past I had scant regard for this concept and was insanely putting my body through masses of punishment each day so that I was not concentrating on how other things in my life were not going that well. I was in fact living to train harder and not actually working towards a goal.

If you were like me, then you may find the following stats to be extremely interesting:

1. 60% of what we can do in any sport is genetic.

2. 10% is down to nutrition and when we eat

3. 10% is down to training done; and

4. 20% of everything is down to rest and how well and quickly we are able to recover.

These stats really made me stop and think some more and alter my regime. May they be of some assistance to you to.

Keep being positive – keep on believing – keep achieving.

Stride for stride on a life changing ride. – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment