Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Monday, January 31, 2011

Lighting the way

I recently caved in and went out and bought a headlamp for running. Admittedly it was only an el cheapo from Aldi, but seems to do the job just nicely.

What prompted this purchase you may ask – well I must admit that in the past I was only using my feet to guide me over the earth’s surface and as an indicator or rough or smooth or hard or soft terrain. This has served me very well, but a friend pointed out to me that perhaps one of the headlights would help that little bit more than just using the good old feet. I fear I may lose the ability to trust the feet and the instinct of knowing where they are when I put them down.

I can report that if it is not likely to break the bank, then one of these headlamps are indeed a good investment. As mentioned I happened to find mine at Aldi, but you could also pick up some decent ones from the likes of your local mountaineering and climbing shops.

Good luck with the night running.

Running together – stride for stride on a life changing ride. – Sean Muller

1 comment:

  1. Great idea. Night running is the way forward in the heat we are currently experiencing in Australia. Not at all pleasant to be running when it gets up to 42c.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete