Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Sunday, May 8, 2011

Going pink for a good cause!

Three weeks to go until the Comrades Marathon and this morning I dragged myself off to the Mother’s Day Classic 8KM run in the Domain. This year the weather was very kind to us and good to see so many people turn out for a race that benefits a great cause in Breast Cancer.

I was a tad emotional at the start thinking about the people that I have known who have passed on from this terrible illness. But at the same time it was pleasing to know that so many people were united in assisting with trying to find a cure.
Started right on the start line as I did in previous years and this again proved to be the correct decision to enable me to get away from the bottleneck that is the start. I have to commend the organisers though as this year was far better run than in previous years. Alot more crowd control and no strollers crossing the road as they did in years gone by.
Even my time was not that bad at just under 31 mins.
Good to catchup with some old friends to and meet some new ones.

Running together – stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment