Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Blackmores Sydney Running Festival

This week I experienced a rather pleasing yet frustrating thing – lack of showers and lockers at work. I know this is a trivial thing, it surprised me to an extent as normally it is very easy for me to get a locker and a shower for a lunchtime run. Now however with the Blackmore’s Sydney Running Festival coming up in the next two weeks, many people who you don’t usually see out and about running are coming out of the woodwork to run in Sydney’s best road running event. This is by no means a bad thing, however as stated many times before, I wish these folks would stick around so that we could build up the club system in Australia and have more community running clubs as they have in my native South Africa.

I personally can’t wait as it is my favourite event (I have my marathon pb on the course – albeit the older hillier course), but the event is by a long way the best organised in Sydney and the owners take a lot of pride in the event as being a promotion of the positive effects that distance running can have. Excellent sponsors, great volunteers and a good day out - what more could you want!

I encourage anyone who has not yet entered to enter one of the events as with all distances finishing at the Sydney Opera House, there can be no better venue for a finish line.

Running together (while supporting the Sydney Running Festival) stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment