Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Opening up access to activities

This week I have been exposed to something that touched me immensely. A young man I met through one of my volunteer programs confided in me that he had not ever been able to express himself through the art of sport at all until just one year ago. Not through lack of ability of not wanting to try, he just point blank did not have the opportunity as his school and members of his community just did not present him with the chance.

This saddened me to know that such kids in their teen years existed with society seemingly having given up on them.

Not all of his story is sad however in that once presented with a soccer ball, he took to it like a duck to water and is actually very gifted at kicking the round ball around the field.

This all got me thinking about how privileged I was in my youth (and indeed still am) to have had every opportunity to play sport at school, club and representative levels. My resolution to where at all possible prevent this boys story from being the norm in society today.

Running together – stride for stride (while changing lives everyday through little actions) on a life changing ride!! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment