Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Saturday, September 10, 2011

Taper time and inspiration

This morning was the last longish run that I do prior to the marathon week. 19KM on the Saturday is the proven method that works for me. But as science has told us many times prior, we are all an experiment of one and what works for Sam won’t work for all. Sometimes the selfish side of me wishes that I could come up with a universal method of tapering and be able to make a mint off publishing it. Sadly this is not the case and in a way such a method would take the whole experimentation fun out of things.

It was great to see so many international runners out on the streets in Sydney this morning. They are all here for the marathon next weekend and I can’t think of a better way to see a beautiful city like Sydney than to run 42.2KM through the streets. I am fond of racing overseas (sometimes just because I happen to be in the city and see an event) and sometimes just for the heck of it.

This weekend I am also having some mates over to watch my favourite Gee up movies in GI Jane and Any Given Sunday. In fact I am going to break rank and post Al Pacino’s speech to the team in Any Given Sunday. This can and will motivate even the flattest person.

See it in your head everyday – Believe it – Achieve it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment