Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Thursday, August 9, 2012

Running in Hong Kong

This week in Hong Kong has been positively one of the best of my life. It has been truly awesome to just cruise around this great place and just get lost in a way. 

My last visit to HK was with my ex and left alot to be desired, but not to dwell in the past, this time it has been very good indeed.  That was then and this is now.

Last sunday I headed off for a run in the hills and up to Bowen Road , a very popular running route. The running scene here is very strong indeed and even some of the older blokes in their 60s were keeping well up with the younger crowd on what were some extremely steep hills. The group were amazed at me being able to keep up in conditions that I can only describe as being like running in a Turkish Bath. 

Then thanks to a very helpful fellow runner, I was pointed in the direction of Happy Valley race course as a place where one can do laps and intervals safely without traffic. I felt for the fellow who was being asked all sorts of questions as if by virtue of being an expat meant he was subjected to a life of questions from tourists like me. 

I was very impressed by the facilities on offer for free including hockey, soccer  and various other sports. 

In the interests of keeping this shortish, I will provide further updates soon. Need less to say that those saying Hong Kong doesn't have a vibrant running and sports scene needs to think again. 

Running together (while exploring overseas), stride for stride on a life changing ride! -- Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment