Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Thursday, August 30, 2012

Downsizing and living more simply

2012 I have dedicated as the year where I downsize more and get rid of loads of the things that I either don’t need or haven’t used in forever and a day.

Granted I don’t own heaps of things and don’t horde junk for the sake of it, but was thinking that things are starting to creep up on me and if I ever have to relocate it is much easier with less stuff. How much stuff do we really need to be happy and content in life? It is definitely a Western tendency to buy of heaps of things that we don’t need merely for the sake of acquiring things.

The one thing that I was having trouble with was thinning out all the merchandise, t-shirts, caps, towels etc that come courtesy of completing an event these days. Unlike the old days, these are now all technical garments meaning that effectively they will last forever no matter how hard you are on your clothing.

So what to get rid of out of this lot? Each garment has its own tale that it can tell, but naturally I can’t keep all of them and I don’t really want to part with them as they don’t have the same relevance to someone who didn’t do the event.

I have not purchased any running gear in the past 3 years due to having too much of it already and with each event overflowing one with more and more.

Any ideas on how to solve this dilemma?

Running together (while downsizing and living closer to the Earth) stride for stride on a life changing ride! -- Sean Muller















No comments:

Post a Comment