Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Thursday, August 30, 2012

Using my past to help others

Everyone likes a good news story -something that people can relate to and hopefully something that can bring about some positive change in those that may need.


I was given the chance this past week to share my story in the local media about my 40KG weightloss as part of a campaign to publicise the very well organised Sydney Running Festival. I am fortunate enough to know the organiser as a friend and am always happy to give a positive plug to him and the positive work that his team does in the running community.

There are always queries of me through this forum as well as from friends and other contacts about my story and I think it important to keep reminding myself of those days, not only to help others, but also as a reminder of a time that I don’t ever want to go back to.

I am confident that I am never going back to those days, but can only hope that through sharing my story, others to will be able to turn their lives around for the positive.

Running together (while sharing tales of past days) - stride for stride on a life changing ride. -- Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment