Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Tuesday, February 1, 2011

400s - man do I love them

This morning’s workout was one that I am fast growing to enjoy. A friend got me on to it, by suggesting that I take up a series of 400s on a grass oval and I can’t thank him enough. I have found that sets of these really help to get the leg speed up and although I know that I still need to be doing the 1KM repeats as part of a decent program, 400s and 200s on grass do it for me.

I like the 2x5x400m repeats at 5Km pace with 70s in between and a 3.5-4 minute rest between sets. This is preceded by a 3KM warm up at a slow pace and followed by the same as a cool down. Another one that I like is the straight 10 x 400m repeats. For this one you may need some company though and you may need a little more than 70s in between each, but trust me these are both very good sessions and even better to peak off.

Go the 400s and feel the speed surge.

Running together – stride for stride on a life changing ride.—Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment