Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Saturday, April 2, 2011

Rest

Today is summed up quite frankly in one word REST. I woke this morning and had an intention to run, but had other things on my mind and a bit of headache and so rolled over, reset the alarm and listened to the body. It wanted to sleep in and that is just what I needed. A week out from the 50KM in Canberra and 8 weeks from Comrades, some friends have said that I should have forced myself out there. I have learned though that forcing oneself if you are not willing is not the best.

I have long ago taken on the advice of Fordyce and thrown the concept of weekly mileage out the window. As he says if at all in doubt then rather rest. Tomorrow the body will thank you.

Running together – stride for stride on a life changing ride. – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment