Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Sunday, October 2, 2011

Always good - even when at first it may not appear so..

The best piece of advice I got from anyone was to sometimes not think so much and to rather act. This is exactly the case when it comes to my running and this morning was no exception. Anyone who was around in Sydney this morning will know that the weather gods were raining down on us and it by all accounts was a day to be spent snuggled in bed rather than out on the roads running.

I had to gee myself up to get out there and complete the 25KM that I had scheduled for the day. Once outside though it was like I had stepped into my comfort zone again – the strange world of falling water from the sky seemed to be just where I needed to be at that particular time. Very few people were out at the time (given the weather and time of day) but that did not detract in the slightest from the fun that I was having.

Sidestepping puddles and being free out in nature, I could have 10 again and running around in our yard chasing the dogs and barrelling around without a care in the world. In years I may indeed be older, but the fun factor remains the same. Happy, sad, mad or glad, I always return from a man’s greatest freedom feeling invigorated and that is why I will continue to run until they put me into the box and enter whatever is waiting in the next world.

Running together – stride for stride on a lifelong life changing ride! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment