Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Good competition in the running market

I was pleasantly surprised to see the other day that a bricks and mortar athletic shop in Sydney was selling my favourite running shoes at just a fraction more than they are available on my favourite online retailer. Now I know that we should be shopping locally, but when there is a price differential for me of over $100 between the same product in the shop and online, then I am going with the online option everyday. If however, there is only a slight difference, then I will definitely consider going and supporting the bricks and mortar option.

These previous massive differences go a long way to prove to me just how much we are being ripped off everyday (even by so-called discount retailers). We (in Australia) have been told many times that the population will not embrace online shopping, but anyone going into a physical store (especially the larger sports stores) at a busy lunchtime will find that this is completely untrue – these stores are desolate. I also read a very interesting stat the other day which pointed out that the majority of sporting goods in Australia were being purchased from online shops in 2011.

With such large price differences and the fact that I can shop online anywhere from the comfort of my own home at any time, means that in a time poor society, most stores would be on a hiding to nothing and it is pleasing to see that these stores have been thinking of some innovative ways of attracting customers back.

No comments:

Post a Comment