Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Tuesday, October 11, 2011

iPod infection

I am still amazed again at the amount of runners running in the early morning with their iPods on. This is the time of day when it is the most cool and the earth is only just starting to wake from the night before. Things are coming to life again and it is amazing the kinds of things that one sees, hears and experiences at this time of the day. Why one would want to drown out these sounds with the droning coming from a set of headphones is beyond me. Perhaps I am just one of those sad technophobes.

Running together – stride for stride on a life changing ride. – Sean Muller

3 comments:

  1. Many people find music motivational, especially something up-tempo to get you going. What works for one does not work for all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. personally gives me a headache running with music - nothing beats the sound of the feet hitting the ground..... music on the bike on the home-trainer, yes, but in the forest a big nO NO !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Sam. All that I have to say is that when the top runners (Paula Radcliffes and Kenyans of this world) start to wear ipods then I will take them more seriously. This morning on my run, I witnessed a gent (iPod blaring) running straight through a red traffic light. I grabbed him back and he gave me a mouthful of abuse - he could have been seriously hurt or killed by the traffic. iPods are death traps waiting to happen. Nuff said really!

    ReplyDelete