Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Sunday, March 25, 2012

One last look back..

Despite my resolve not to look back at the past, this weekend has definitely been one of those reflective times.

Sometimes we think that we have out run previous traumatic experiences in our past and put them to bed, only for them to come back when we least expect it.

When I was alot younger, I was involved in a rather traumatic incident that was dealt with, but sometimes, just sometimes the events of that day come back and haunt me and this leads to lack of sleep. Now it doesn’t happen often and has not for a long time, but then you never know when it may strike again.

This morning I slipped out for my run dead set on hammering it out and going as fast as I could – I was running on pure emotion and anger which in the past has been how I managed to set my half marathon pb. Running hard and fast like an animal and without care for ones own safety is the only way that I find to resolve things.

After 3 hours of hard running , I realised that the memory was once again in the box and jogged home again in a much better mood. The power of running to elevate mood must never be underestimated as we seek to heal things inside.

Reflective weekend over now- time to look forward again and concentrate on the here and now.

Running together (while killing off negative memories) – stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment