Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Saturday, March 24, 2012

Revisiting the past briefly

This morning was a time of emotional reflection for me.

As normal I headed off on my planned 22KM route, not taking a watch or the Garmin with as I just wanted to enjoy the sunshine and the coming autumn weather where it is still sunny but only gets to the early 20s.

This was my all time favourite mid distance route – the one that I ran so many times during the days of my breakup and the one where I could probably run it blindfolded. We all have such routes that hold a special place in our hearts for various reasons.
Mid way through the run, I suddenly started thinking about a friend of mine who had passed on a few years back – someone with the world at her feet and who was so beautiful and talented that she wouldn’t hurt a fly and a talented runner to boot.

I don’t often focus on the past and say to my charges that the past is done – don’t spend too much time there as you have already done all those things – the future is where things get interesting. Looking forward I carried on towards the end point which is my local gym.

Once again a blast from the past came back as I stepped on the scales and discovered that today marked the day that I have officially lost 40Kgs of weight since I was at my heaviest.

Now while this is a personal point of pride for me, I say this to encourage others to follow the same sort of path. Weightloss (and big weightloss at that) can and will occur with a combination of exercise and healthy eating.

I will followup with a next post outlining the journey thus far. We can all together beat obesity.

Running together (while losing dramatic weightloss) stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment