Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Sunday, July 22, 2012

Doing other things..

This morning as anyone in Sydney can attest, the weather was horrendous. Strong downpours and cold winds. Normally I look forward to my long runs (especially if it is cool and clear) as they help to knock the cobwebs out and set me up for a great day. This morning however I was for the first time in a very long time dreading setting foot out of the door.
Once I did I thought I had hit a very lucky patch as the sun was shining. Not so lucky as I rounded the corner at about 2km in and heavens opened and the rain started to fall heavily.
Rather than risk a thorough drenching, I rather turned tail and headed back home instead. In hindsight I could have pushed on, but then having already completed a perfectly good week’s worth of training, I figure sometimes it is better to just listen to the body and to take it easy.
As mentioned many times before, it is these moments that the body needs to be able to do other things - mow the lawn, talk to the family or in my case tackle some writing that I have been putting off for a while.
Running together (while doing other thing as well) - stride for stride on a life changing ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment