Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Saturday, July 14, 2012

The one minute repeat

This morning I indulged in one of my favourite workouts of all time - the one minute repeat.
Many of you know that my first and true love is the track and hence these sorts of workouts are ideal for me. Friends have always questioned the validity of me completing these sorts of repeats when training for a longer distance race, but I know that they work.  Not only do they help to increase the VO2, they also help to promote running economy and get us running in a more efficient manner.
I would suggest starting at 5x1 minute hard and 2 minutes steady and advance from there. I have gotten up to 20 previously and then emptied my breakfast on the side of the track, nut definitely something to look into to enhance your running.
Running together (while performing lung busting 1 minute repeats) - stride for stride on a life changing ride! -- Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment