Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Dropping the weight to go faster

When I first started out in long distance running, I was unsure as to what shoes I would need, since I had no experience and was hence guided by the sales folk at the store. 

No great  surprise then that they put me in the most expensive shoes after diagnosing that I needed extra support. These shoes happened to be the Asics Kayanos and I continued to run in these until last year I started running in the Nike free out of an attempt to cut costs and diversify my running with something lighter.

At the end of last year I visited a friend and one of his coaching contacts analysed me properly and gave me a pair of the Nike free 3.0 to try. They reminded me of my old track spikes that I used to wear and I was sacred of trying them until this past week when I just decided to break them out and the results were immediate. I feel heaps lighter and faster on my feet wearing these frees. 

Based on what I have experienced and seen, I now believe that we have been sold a load of rubbish for many years about how many people require massive support in their running shoes. 

I don't ever think that I will go back to running in support shoes. 

Running together (while wearing minimal shoes) stride for stride on a life changing ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment