Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Monday, December 6, 2010

The 5km time trial

In the past I have been hesitant to run the weekly 5km time trial to track progress. It seemed to be something that was tough and tedious and something to best be avoided if possible.

Over the past few weeks I have disciplined myself into mapping out a course and running hard over it for 5km. This has been recommended to me by a friend of mine who has made some very impressive strides with regards to his 5km time and this has carried over into his marathon time.

You really have to be able to push yourself hard and keep at it if training alone, otherwise if training with those that are better than you, it is good to have a rabbit go out hard and chase him or her if you can.

From my studies, I can say that this regular program has been proven to work for many people and I am sure that it can and will work for me and you.

Running together – Stride for stride (while weaving in the 5km time trial) on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment