Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Sunday, February 13, 2011

Defying age to compete in sport

I have often focussed on this blog on those that are abit older who have defied age to still do remarkable things and compete at the highest level. Although this website is about running, I would like to focus on a female American swimmer today.

Dara Torres is just amazing. She is one of the few humans alive to have gone to and won medals at 5 different Olympics. In fact her plans are to keep training for and swimming in the 2012 Olympics in London at the age of 45. I stand to be corrected, but if she can pull this one off, I think it would put her alone at the top of the pile of people who have been to 6 Olympics.

This is just amazing and as I am sure you will agree she also looks amazing for a mum in her early 40s. No time like the present to start training as I was recently reading in a UK medical journal, anyone quitting smoking, starting exercising and eating better has a much better chance of a good life even if they only do so in their 70s. It really is never too late. – Sean Muller

1 comment:

  1. I wish that my chick had that sort of six pack. Hell I wish I had that six pack! WOW

    ReplyDelete