Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Thursday, February 17, 2011

The track is our friend

When we need comfort in life and when we need to feel good about ourselves when we may feel down, then we invariably go in search of a friend. The friend that I went in search of this morning was the local track.

Albeit my days of running 10.40s for the 100m are over, I still feel very much at home when running fast and hard over those sorts of distances. While many have said to me, ‘Why are you wasting your time on those ball busting sprints when you like the marathon?’. The answer is that it helps to keep me sane, helps to improve my technique and is something that suits me and my personality very well. Plus over the last two months I have fallen in love with the track again. As sprint coaches say – the track is our friend. Embrace it like a long lost lover and it will serve you well. Respect it like you would your wife and stick to your principles and it will reward you well. If you choose however not to show it the respect that it deserves then it can punish you and spit you out for breakfast.

Running together – stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment