Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Friday, February 25, 2011

Helping out while running

This morning while out for my tempo session, it dawned on me just how much I am able to assist as a result of running. Firstly I always enjoy venturing into new nooks and crannies of cities that I visit and in particular my own city of Sydney. There is quite simply no better way to see a city and to discover new unchartered territory than on the run. The heart and the lungs are getting a workout and I know that I can venture into areas that cars, trains and buses can’t take me. Sometimes I will see a piece of bushland that I won’t have had chance to explore and will randomly head off carving a trail through it and thus getting a feel for the land and what lies beneath it.

But aside from the spiritual side of things, there is also the getting to know where certain places and landmarks are. This morning for instance I was stopped by a couple departing one of the cruise liners in Sydney harbour and was able to point them in the direction of where they wanted to go. It just so happened that they were headed for something that was not listed on their map and were it not for my having zigzagged past it at some stage, I to would have not know about it or been able to help them out.

You see folks running has so many multifaceted benefits to my life that it remains the most natural thing for me to do any day of the week.

Running together – stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment