Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Monday, June 27, 2011

$14 a week - could you survive off of this?


This website was always intended to highlight only running related matters and tips, but I have decided to deviate somewhat and try to bring some attention to a really serious matter – world hunger.


Having returned from Africa and looking for a new challenge, some mates of mine told me on the weekend about ‘Below the Line’ which is a great organisation started by a bloke in Melbourne to bring about some publicity to the fact that the majority of the world still live on $2 a day or less. Even in our beloved Australia there are people that are starving – this seems nonsensical in 2011.

These mates of mine have taken the challenge this week and are living for the entire week only on $2 each per day for a total of $14 for the week on food. I have agreed to take on the challenge next week and am in the process of setting up some fundraising pages and planning to raise some cash for this plight.

I have pledged to continue running and training during this time and documenting each day’s meals etc to gauge what will happen to me during this time. Some of my friends have asked me why I have decided to do this experiment when in their mind ‘We can afford not to’, but I view it as a way for me to appreciate what I eat on a far greater level.

Running together while appreciating food more, stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment