Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sports drink madness

One thing that amazes me is the amount of sports drinks that people consume on a simple visit to the gym. This morning I witnessed a young lady quaffing 2 bottles of Powerade prior to doing any form of exercise. Puzzled by this strange phenomenon, I asked her about it and she informed me that she did not want to get dehydrated. I am pretty sure that there was very little chance of her becoming dehydrated during her short trip to the gym and should she have wanted, she could have instead just consumed a few glasses of water from the fountain. This is all we really need unless we are participating in some really heavy exercise. Unfortunately she had bought into the marketing as laid out by the sports drinks companies.

Now I acknowledge that I have a tin of ready mix Gatorade in my kitchen, but find no need to just break it out willy nilly. The result, my teeth are still in good nick and my weight is at a healthy level. Besides which I also save plenty of money through not buying soft drinks and the like.

I encourage everyone to reevaluate the amount of sports drinks that they are consuming and you may find that most are completely irrelevant.

Running together – stride for stride (while preserving our teeth) on a life changing ride. – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment