Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Sunday, June 26, 2011

The benefits of altitude

Last year a friend of mine took a very brave decision and removed himself from his comfort zone to go and live in the US in Colorado. Only hearing very infrequently from him (due to me not being on Facebook), he seems to be loving every minute and why not really. He is taking every single opportunity and even won his age category of a marathon last weekend. This is amazing and something obviously to be incredibly proud of. This fact though got me thinking about the training at altitude debate that always rages. Having grown up in the rarefied climes of altitude, I can definitely say that the lungs do burn alot more during hard workouts than they do down here at sea level in Sydney. While I have my doubts that me returning to train at altitude would turn me into a champion, I do think that it would do more good than harm.

Would be interested to hear more from those that have trained at the altitude levels such as those experienced in Colorado.

Running together – at altitude – stride for stride on a life changing ride. – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment