Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Saturday, June 25, 2011

Seeing the night before

Out early on the run this morning, it always amazes me to see the people making their way home gradually after a long night on the tiles. Girls carrying their shoes, holding their heads or clutching that cup of coffee or Gatorade. Many times they call out things like ‘Run Forrest Run!’ or ‘He’s catching you’ – inside I smile even if I am hurting since I know that they will be in for a far tougher day than I will. In my youth I used to be able to rebound from nights like that and still be able to function normally and continue on with my day. Father time then marches on and somewhere in the mid to late 20s one has to conclude that one is not what one once was and adjust your lifestyle to incorporate more grownup things and in this respect running has helped immensely. It is a great stress relief and a fantastic way to keep healthy and fit while all the time meeting new and interesting friends.

Running together – stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment