Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Running while exploring the world.

There is very little more that I enjoy than going to another country to participate in a running event of some sort. Going to a different city is good, but there is something special about another country where you can see different parts of the world but at the same time as enjoying man’s greatest freedom. I now actively seek out events when going on holiday – my family and many friends find this behaviour to be slightly off the wall, but ultimately it is something that I enjoy and am passionate about and as stated many times previously, once you are on this path, there is no altering it. It is a journey for life and one that is not only very rewarding but also intriguing and exciting.

Mapping out some of my calendar this morning and booking some travel over the rest of the year, friends have commented that I seem to be spending what they term to be alot of money on going away to run and explore another part of the world. My reply to this is that if they were to add up how much money they spent on a weekend in pubs and clubs, then we are about equal (with some of them ahead of me). It all balances out I suppose. Life is good folks if we make it good!

No comments:

Post a Comment