Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The cost of running

Speaking with some people today, I was prompted to examine the cost of my running in terms of a dollar value.


Since completing the $14 diet for the week, I have drastically reduced my food bill (in half) and also reviewed numerous other areas of my life where perhaps I could save money that I need not be spending. Ultimately it is always nice to have new things, but how often have you wandered just how far you could push a running shoe or how many times you could wear your singlet before it falls apart.

There really is no need these days to be buying new running gear every five minutes as with synthetic fibers, things last and last and it is all happy days really.

Do we need all that we own? Probably not at all. I like my simple life and it does me just fine – no need to be chasing owning new things and gathering more and more stuff together just for the sake of it. I prefer to spend my money on experiences than on material possessions.

Running together (while living the simple life) – stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment