Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Keeping it interesting


This morning it was again tipping it down with rain and not feeling the best, I ventured to the dry of the gym to get my workout in. I felt very much a fraud and a cop out for not going out in the deluge but I am running out of dry pairs of shoes and gear since this wet weather hit us. 

Climbing on the treadmill for the first time in about six months I felt very uncomfortable and although I mix my running up outside (track, park, trail, road and so on), I don't do much indoor running on the mouse wheel and it showed this morning. Normally I am happy as a lark and smiling even if things are tough when outside (as it was on Sunday when it felt like I was running through a lake), but today was different and I couldn't quite figure out how to recreate the feeling indoors. 

I got through the session fine, but it reminded me of he importance of mixing up the running surfaces so that we maintain our interest and that we are not phased when it comes to circumstance like this morning when we are forced indoors. 

What surface do you like to run on?

Running together (stride for stride on a life changing ride). - Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment