Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Friday, January 18, 2013

Mind power in healing the body


This morning I was speaking with and trading ideas with a personal trainer friend of mine at the gym after my run. We had struck up rapport in the past as she laughed at my exercise drills of hops and skips that I was doing and I was always commenting that at least I made her and others laugh in the morning. Nothing like beginning the day with a bit of positivity and laughter to set things up.

We got onto the topic of the power of the mind and what it can achieve to heal things and we instantly struck a common ground on this.

She shared with me her story in which she was injured and the doctors and physios recommended that she give up all exercise for life. Not one to lie down and die, she proceeded to study various papers and techniques of self-healing and with nothing to lose she set about performing these on herself to see if she was able to ensure any measure of healing. After about 2 weeks of the techniques everyday she not only felt much better but was also able to run and train once again.

This is just remarkable and something that I can relate to as I too had the same sort of experience with my ankle and the fact that 3 years ago I had lost hope with medical science and instead learned to heal myself.

There are a myriad of techniques out there that one can experiment with. The one I like in this video is the balancing the cortices.

But the keys remain that you have to first truly believe that it can and will work. Total focus and clarity is required. Don’t get distracted by naysayers and if in doubt rather keep it to yourself. If you don’t tell anyone they can’t pour scorn on to that which they don’t fully understand.

What experiences do you have with healing yourself?

Running together (while using self-healing), stride for stride on a life changing ride! – Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment