Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Thursday, September 13, 2012

5 year anniversary

This weekend marks the 5th anniversary of my first marathon. It has meant many KMs run between then and now and also plenty of weight has been shifted. Most of all though it has meant the formation of so many great friendships.

If I was in a relationship with myself then I would surely have to reward myself with a gift made of wood (traditional) or silverware (modern). Probably the best silverware would be the medal from this weekend’s marathon.

I sometimes have to pinch myself to remind myself that I am not dreaming and that I have come full circle as if back to my childhood fitness levels and beyond. 5 years ago I stood on that same start line still overweight and not even sure what my body would do at the end of the marathon event. I survived and from then onwards it has really been upwards from here on in. Quite frankly if I have been able to beat back the demons that I faced in the lead up to that day then anyone can.

Running together (lighter - while enjoying life on the run), stride for stride on a life changing ride! -- Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment