Uncover your inner athlete!

Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten.. Each morning in Africa a lion awakes - it knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.


No matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you had better be running!



Thursday, September 20, 2012

Encouraging that first run


One of the guys that lives in my apartment block always seems to see me going out for my early morning run. He goes to collect his coffee and then later goes to work. He has remarked that it is insane for me to be out running at 6.30am. He only sees me on the way back from my run and not at the start. I have always said to him that he is welcome to come along and join me on the run if he likes. Every time I have been turned down and called things like ‘lunatic’.

This morning I spied him leaving the building in some running gear. He muttered something about trotting around the block and seeing how he went. I shall see how long he lasts and indeed if this is a fad for him or not.

Good on him for giving it a go though and I hope that he sticks with things.

Running together (while in some way encouraging random people on their first run), stride for stride on a life changing ride! -- Sean Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment